Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Nora ... I bought one of those Collectors' Guild things ...

Customer Question
Nora ... I bought...

Nora ... I bought one of those Collectors' Guild things ... Picasso etching Nestor's Tales of the Trojan War ... $125 in 1956 ... it is numbered 79/1800 ... Worth anything today?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

That is all the information ... it is in a frame and is in very good condition

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I have the certificate of authenticity

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/20/2017
Antique Expert: Erin-Marie Wallace, CEO of Rare-Era.com Appraisals & Auctions replied 10 months ago
Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace, CEO of Rare-Era.com Appraisals & Auctions

Greetings, my name is ***** ***** I am a federally certified Fine Art and Antiques appraiser and licensed auctioneer with a Master’s degree from Sotheby’s Institute, UK.​ I can assist you with this evaluation, I love these Collector's Guild etchings, give me a moment to research on your behalf, I'm also going to attach an image of a similar etching just to make sure we are 'looking' at the same edition.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

O​h my gosh... I just realized you were requesting Nora, I am going to release this question right away so that she may complete the answer for you. My apologies to you and her.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 10 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Thank you for the request here. Please add images at your convenience.

~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

Your vintage limited edition Picasso etching of Nestor's Tales of the Trojan War from the Collector's Guild with COA could sell for as high as $450 - $575 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 9 months ago

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora