Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have two signed and dated paintings by Jan Baughman, was…

Customer Question
I have two signed...

I have two signed and dated paintings by Jan Richardson Baughman, was wondering what the best way to find an estimated value

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Artist jan richardson baughman, signed and dated 2002, two earth toned paintings that seem to mirror one an other

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/20/2017
Antique Expert: ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser replied 8 months ago
ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser

Thanks for the question! Works by Jan Baughman are in multiple corporate collections and at the gallery level, her works on paper seem to sell for $300 to $500 with paintings at the $800 and up level. At auction, her resale market is much thinner. Four works on paper sold for under $100 at a recent auction, see: https://www.lofty.com/products/jan-baughman-20th-century-fragments-i-ii-iii-and-iv-1-cvk9w and an original drawing by her went unsold at auction at the $200 to $500 level (see also: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/54943077_jan-richardson-baughman-title-three-times-original). Hope these give you some reference points for resale market, as it seems to be fairly modest for this artist.

Again, thanks and let me know if I can be of further help. Please use the 5-star rating system to rate my professionalism as it's the sole way experts are recognized by JustAnswer for our service.

Thank you
This price for this answer is $5
I was confused by the steps and $ amounts.
Thank you
Antique Expert: ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser replied 7 months ago

Hello! I've flagged this question for Customer Service so that JA can provide assistance. Thank you!