Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an original Laessig painting and want to sell it how…

Customer Question
I have an original...

I have an original Robert Laessig painting and want to sell it how would I go about finding a buyer, where is the best place to advertise?

Expert's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.

It's called Fisherman's Retreat, I bought it at Gallery One and paid about $895.00 for it, it's also very nicely framed and he did sign it. Almost forgot it's about 14x10 not including frame.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/20/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 8 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

What size is your piece (in inches) not including the frame and mat? Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your framed piece.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

I sent you the size

I see that now. Please send the pictures.

I'm unable to send pictures tonight, can I send them tomorrow?

Of course.

There is absolutely no hurry at this end.

Thank You

You are most welcome.