Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Meissen soup turren I need help identifying the…

Customer Question
I have a Meissen...

I have a Meissen soup turren I need help identifying the pattern.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

This is marked with crossed swords

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I don't know

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/20/2017
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 7 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Hi my name is***** you post a few photos of the current for review. I would like to see the overall piece, the bottom where markings are and the pattern to identify. To post photos here click on the paperclip, add files or file upload button and follow the prompts. You can also email them to. ***@******.*** and in the email put forCustomerand they will forward them to me.
Waiting for answer
Thank you I do have one photo here and post back when I receive the other photos from the company thank you. It can take a few hours to receive the email. I will post back as soon as I receive them and can answer all your questions to this piece Thank you
Just added them here. You should have them all now
20171115_190323.jpg2017111...jpg20171115_190638.jpg2017111...jpg20171115_190626.jpg2017111...jpg20171115_190312.jpg2017111...jpg
Thank you I will research this and post back here upon completion thank you so much for your assistance.
Ok, thank you
Do you know about how much longer until I receive my answer? Thank you

Thank you for your patience. The marking shows it was deemed unsuitable quality:dated 1852-1870

one slash – sold undecorated from 1740 trough 1938

two slashes – tableware deemed of unsuitable quality from 1852 through 1870

three slashes – items of brack quality, (contained firing faults), from 1852 through 1870

four slashes – considered lowest quality, from 1852 through 1872

you can find more on the above at the link below the two slashes on the swords is deemed unsuitable quality.

http://appletreedeals.com/meissen-german-porcelain/meissen-porcelain-history-factory-marks/

The pattern is Meissen "Neuer Ausschnitt". It is a rare piece and the value is 450.00 in todays market.

Thank you for your patience and I apologize for the time however this did take a good deal of time to find.