Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have quite a bit of MAYFLOWER China marked with 7929 of my

Customer Question
Hello I have quite a...
Hello I have quite a bit of MAYFLOWER China marked with 7929 of my grandmothers. I love it and am just wondering what I should do with it. Thanks for your info re the previous enquiry.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have cups and saucers, a beautiful teapot sadly without the lid, and a long sandwich dish. Any comments you had would be appreciated.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not at this stage.
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Antiques
11/20/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Antiques Appraiser replied 25 days ago
Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send ONE photo of ONE plate showing the pattern.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur