Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I bought a picture at an estate sale a person said it was

worth at least a thousand...
I bought a picture at an estate sale a person said it was worth at least a thousand dollars. I have seen this picture before but can’t identify it or it’s true worth. Can you help
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have a picture I need to identify and value
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of
11/20/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. The back of a painting tells us just as much as the front sometimes.

Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

This is a print/lithograph called the Toilet of Venus, the title referring to

a depiction of Venus in her dressing area being attended to by cherubim.

The lithograph framed under glass has a current value of $275 to $325.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
They wanted $300 for it but I only paid $150. I like it

Great buy!

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Rarewares
Rarewares
Rarewares