Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a 6 person complete set of antique china I'd like an…

I have a 6...

I have a 6 person complete set of antique china I'd like an appraisal on, please. Set includes cups and saucers, plates, teapot, creamer and sugar bowl.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I don't know anything else other than what I've told you....it came across from Holland circa 1908...

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I have pictures to upload but don't see how to do so....there are no cracks or chips in the any of the pieces

11/19/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece/set that came with your original inquiry.
Add pictures of the pattern and the maker's mark on the bottom of one piece by using the +Add File feature.

here are pictures....
IMG_1125[1].JPGIMG_112...JPGIMG_1126[1].JPGIMG_112...JPGIMG_1127[1].JPGIMG_112...JPGIMG_1125[1].JPGIMG_112...JPG
please let me know if you received the photos, we had some technical difficulties on this end....

This is a Japanese art deco lustre ware tea set made by

Takito, Ogawa and Company between 1921 to 1939. It could not

have come from Holland in 1908 because the Made in Japan

mark was not used by Takito until 1921.

The set is valued at $225 to $325 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

OK-thank you for your time, that was the info I was given so that was all I had to work with...have a great day.

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Rarewares
Rarewares
Rarewares