Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I lived with my U.S. family in Bangkok, Thailand 6 years and…

Customer Question
I lived with my...

I lived with my U.S. family in Bangkok, Thailand 6 years and loved to go to Chinatown every Sunday and once purchased from a street vendor a wonderfully beautiful small clock that has a fast moving pendulum with a bell on top with an external small clapper that hits it every half hour once and number of times for the correct hour. The name on the key and inside is Keinzle. I believe it is brass but it is in such shiny gleaming condition not sure. It measures about 7 inches tall by 3 inches wide by 2 inches deep. Numerals are Roman type. All 4 corners of the top have sharp spires as well as the bell on top has one as well. Each corner looks like small columns. I just now took some pictures of it. I love having it on my desk and listening to the dinging of the bell calling out the hours and half hours, There is no second hand. It will run about one week before needing winding.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not really except that although the clock is so small I truly enjoy it. the design makes me think of the Thailand ancient houses but I do not know anything about it currently.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/19/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 9 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.