Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I believe that we have an original Charlie M pencil or pen…

Customer Question
I believe that we...

I believe that we have an original Charlie M Russell pencil or pen and ink that has perhaps never been chronicalled. It has 6 squares with individual drawings and one in the middle. The one in the middle is a horse and each picture has a name of the drawing (ie branding, etc. To my knowledge, he did 7 of these prints for Montana ranchers that helped him prior to going to art school or so the story goes. This picture has been handed down during the generations. There are 4 known prints that I know of. I am told this is an original. I have looked in every database online and I can not find this picture anywhere. I don't have access to the print but would estimate it to be 24 x 32 in size. We call it Circles and Squares. Have you ever heard of such print? I can not tell if it is signed the way it is framed.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

That is all the information I have. I know they have documentation but I don't know what that amounts to.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/19/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.