Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an icon brought from Italy in 1853 by my Great

Customer Question
I have an icon...

I have an icon brought from Italy in 1853 by my Great grandfather.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I only know that it is an oval painted on metal and it is of Jesus. I was told years ago it is called Ecce Homo.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I am 88 years old and I know it's time to decide what to do with it and I don't know where to begin.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/18/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.