Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have what appears to be a j de jongh orginal painting

Customer Question
I have what appears...

I have what appears to be a j de jongh orginal painting where can i

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I can send a picture

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I dont think so unless you think there is something else

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. The back of a painting tells us just as much as the front sometimes.

Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

I hope i have sent you all you need pls let me know if i have't.
20171120_082840.jpg2017112...jpg20171120_082835.jpg2017112...jpg20171120_082835.jpg2017112...jpg20171120_082835.jpg2017112...jpg20171120_082905.jpg2017112...jpg
I ment m de jongh sorry

This is a painting by an unlisted artist named M de Jongh

done in the 1940 to 1950 time period based on the style/maker of the board

this was painted on. While there was a J deJongh listed artist, but the signatures and

styles do not match.

This painting has a current value of $200 to $375 retail.

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com. Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answering.