Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a painting by one of the dutch greats. it's a

Customer Question
Hello. I have a...

Hello. I have a painting by one of the dutch greats. it's a painting of some flowers in a large vase with fruit around the bottom. i have been told it is worth quite a lot.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I can send you a picture of it.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not sure the artist name. it has been handed down through our family from my Dutch relatives.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/17/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 8 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you. Thoughtful responses take time. I am studying your question and will return shortly.

Has this painting ever been appraised? If so, please give the resulting information.

What size is your piece (in inches) not including the frame and mat? Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your framed piece.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

is this ok to figure out who it is?

Please send a photo of the back of your framed piece.

never been appraised. i would say it's 24' by 14'

it is covered up and i don't want to tear anything

I do not want the backing removed. I need a picture of the back as is.