Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am trying to find out more about this sculpture. Found an…

Customer Question
Hello, I am trying...

Hello, I am trying to find out more about this sculpture

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Found an old bronze sculpture, would like to know the value of it?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It's signed. and solid.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/17/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 10 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Please send an image of this.

Hi sending pictures now.

The pictures are small, can you tell me what this is of and who signed it? what size is it?

The word Paz is scribed on the sculpture.

What is the sculpture?

Solid bronze small in size. signed by grimaldi?

What is the sculpture of?

A lady sitting at peace, next to a dove.

I will research this to see what I can find

Thank you. Bye

You are welcome

Hello any news?

Hello

Yes, this was made by Grimaldi and Italian company early 60's, the Paz, is the word for Peace.

If you can tell me what size this is I can get the value.

Hi Glenda
It's solid bronze size: width 4" high 3.5 " depth 4" You are saying the co. name is Grimaldi?
Thanks

Hello

Yes, there is also Grimaldi Ceramics and Furniture.

.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Bronze sculpture has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $145.00-165.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $100.00-105.00, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $145.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $150.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.