Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Can I add a picture? 1830’s Mahogany Lincoln rocking chair.

Customer Question
Can I add a...

Can I add a picture?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

1830’s Mahogany Lincoln rocking chair

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Picture?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures?

If you don’t have photos, I can do my best without them—just let me know—but it’s more accurate with photos.

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

Received, thank you! I assume this is unmarked?

Jennifer

You can’t tell me anything?

Of course I can, but I still have questions first!

1) Does it have any markings?

2) How did you date it to 1830?

Jennifer

Unmarked?
I saw the exact one on ebay

Markings: does it have any signatures, brands, marks, or labels of any kind, anywhere on the wood? Many craftsman, even in the 1800s, would mark the pieces in some way with a name, initials, or symbols.

eBay is not a good source for dating, price, or authentication! I will be happy to do all that for you, first I just want to know if the maker marked it anywhere.

Also, where did you get it?

What else can I tell you?

1. When and where did you get it?

2. Do you see any signatures, symbols, initials, or numbers anywhere on the wood, including the bottom?

It was in The Buffington family
We had it repaired years ago
My aunt did the needle point
you cannot tell me anything

I am working on the research. Appraisal requires due diligence, it is not an instant thing, thanks.

Please have patience, I cannot appraise something in 4 minutes.

You will email me?
Thank you

Thank you.

A late Victorian mahogany Lincoln rocker, circa 1870, later needlepoint upholstery.

Current retail value: $600.00

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Why was I charged 38?

I am not able to answer billing questions, I am an outside contractor working from my home office and I log in like you do. I have no idea how that works. However, customer service can help you with that right away.