Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Lane Alta Vista cedar hope chest in good to fair…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Lane Alta Vista cedar hope chest in good to fair condition. The style no. is 02221 and the serial no. is 949270. I looked up the chest on line and found out the serial no. is actually the date it was made. That would be July 29 1947. Any ball park figure I could get would be wonderful. I understand an estimate is not an iron clad price. Thank you

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

That is all I have now.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/17/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 8 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 7 months ago

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora