Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a painting my mother acquired from her sister in

Customer Question
I have a painting...

I have a painting my mother acquired from her sister in Montreal for .50 cents she had the painting appraised at Zwickers art gallery in Halifax approximately 20 years ago and was told the painting was a joint venture of four Quebec artist and was valued at approximately $8.000.00 I would like to know the appraised value in todays market

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

No that's all the information I have on the painting

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/17/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. The back of a painting tells us just as much as the front sometimes.

Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.