Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

During 1970 I purchased a painting in Spain. I believe it is…

Customer Question
During 1970 I purchased...

During 1970 I purchased a painting in Spain. I believe it is by it is by a French artist - Edouard Leon Cortes of a small street,probably in Rota.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It appears to be in his style, subject matter brush strokes and is on canvas stretched on a wooden frame, That is basic, but all I know.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. The back of a painting tells us just as much as the front sometimes.

Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.