Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an old fork and spoon with the hallmark 84with left…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old fork and spoon with the hallmark 84with left facing woman's head and the initials AA. Next to it with in a rectangle are the initials AJ. My grandparents brought these with them from Poland in the early 20th century and I am wondering about their origin and value. They are large and heavy.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

They were jewish, I don't know if that is important.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/16/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help. I do know what these are but I need to see the fork, spoon and the marks to value. It does not cost extra to add pictures. (I do not do the phone call service, so any pop-ups for calls are not from me)
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I will reply as best I can without photos.

This is a Russian sterling silver fork and spoon set made in Moscow

with the assayer's mark of Anatoly Apollonovich Artsybashev (AA), which

helps date the set to 1888 to 1898. The value of the set

is $300 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.