Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

11/16/2017
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. I have a few questions........ what are the measurements of this horse? Can you get a clear close up of the horse on both sides for me and check it for any markings or signatures on the piece. This will all help in evaluating the horse for information and values. If it is signed it would be on the underside or down around the saddle or legs. Also, is it attached to the base it looks to be standing on? Thank you I look forward to helping you.

Hello thanks for your reply. The horse is 91/2" tall and 16" long.there are no markings or signatures anywhere. But it is hollow...also it is not attached to the wood base.
Thank you I will reply back here when completed. I appreciate your reply.

Hi thank you for the additional information and photos. This is an Asian war horse brass and done 1920-1930s period. At 9 1/2" x 16" This would have set upon a mantel or main center focal point of the room in which it was placed. The value is 250-300.00 It would have had a base that it was placed upon probably custom to fit the piece so it would stay upright and secure.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars: 1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions

Places to sell online would be goantiques.com etsy.com and rubylane.com these sites cater to the unique items and hard to find. This is a rare piece as they are not common to find. There is also offerup.com or ebay.com however those are more a common item site.

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser