Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a 12 place setting California Pottery dinnerware with…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a 12 place setting California Pottery dinnerware with etched glass crystal and flatware all of the same matching palm tree pattern. My parents purchased this on their honeymoon and bought through the JL Hudson Company in Detroit. Who would be able to help me in identifying the value or if a museum would be interested. It is a delightful example of post modern design. Thank you.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It's an amazing complete set with all the serving and misc. pieces.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/16/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 9 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece/set that came with your original inquiry.
Let me know if this is a service for 8, 10 or 12 plus serving pieces.
Add pictures of the pattern and the maker's mark on the bottom of one piece by using the +Add File feature.