Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a lot of moms old books from the 1800 and I don't…

Customer Question
I have a lot...

I have a lot of moms old books from the 1800 and I don't know who can give a fair price ,History ,Lincoln, religious,old Children books when my mom was 10 and is now 91. She has been collecting books for 82 years

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Yes old news papers in plastic from California 1906 and about 150 items of anything Shirley Temple and about 50 or more directories and ship manifests from Cal. and also Maine where both her roots are from

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/16/2017
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 9 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. I will need a list of the items - books= titles, publisher, number of ages, author and illustrators to give you values. On newspapers the name is ***** ***** date. On Shirley Temple items I will need to see photos of items and any markings on the items as to who made them and years if present. On manifests the names of ships, what the manifests are called and dates. This information will give me the background needed to give you an accurate value on each item. I look forward to helping you. Seeing you have many items we can take one section at a time if that makes it easier for you like books first then on to newspapers etc.... To post photos click on the paperclip , file upload or add files button and follow the prompts. If you would like to do a few items of each category you may pick a few to get an idea of the values if you like also. Completely up to you. I look forward to helping you Tanya