Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Inherited 100 year old Meissen-Germany coffee service.

Inherited 100 year old...

Inherited 100 year old Meissen-Germany coffee service. Pattern: Green grapeleaf or vineleaf, purchased in or near Meissen for a wedding present in 1922. The cups are small (demi) with swan-neck handles. Serviv

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Inherited 100 year old Meissen-Germany coffee service purchased in or near Meissen in 1922 for a wedding present. Pattern: Green Grapeleaf or Vineleaf. Cups are small (demi) with swan-neck handles. All pieces are in mint condition. Pictures are available.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Originally the service was 12 settings. I now have 11 cups,10 saucers,

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
Are you wanting the current market value for this service?

My name is Glenda,
Are you wanting the current market value for this service? Please tell me what pieces are in your set?

a value would be great. Originally the set consisted of 12 settings, now I have: 11 cups, 10 saucers, 11 desert plates, 1 milk can, 1idded sugar bowl.
As I stated before, I have a picture of each piece and a group picture, Also a picture of the trademark, the crossed swords.

Hello

I am sorry I do not do phone calls. I think the value is best given in writing. Do you have a coffee pot that goes with this?

Glenda

As I stated before I do not have a complete set of 12 settings. Unfortunately there is no coffeepot. Therefore I would appreciate an appraised value for the individual pieces. Again I want to mention that I have pictures. With a postal address I could send you prints if I cannot have an email address..

I am familiar with the Pattern,

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Meissen-Germany coffee service has an estimated value on the current market for an average of Cups and Saucers $85.00-90.00 each set, Desert Plates-$40.00-45.00 each, Milk Can-$125.00-130.00, Lidded Sugar Bowl-$120.00-125.00, Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Rating the appraiser for answering your question has no cost to you, so please take a moment to rate this answer. This is the only way we get compensated by the site for our work. At no cost to you the customer. This may be clicking the stars, rate expert or review expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

A rating is appreciated
Thank you
Glenda
.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser