Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

The value of Noritake china from the 50s. 24 piece place…

Customer Question
The value of Noritake china...
The value of Noritake china from the 50s. 24 piece place setting from Korea and Japan on two separate trip (so was said from the woman I purchased from at an estate sale in 1998)
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
I'm not sure why a firearms expert is working on this...
11/15/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 8 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.

I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.

I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.

Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.

Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send ONE photo of ONE plate showing the pattern.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.

Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

"Complete Sets" come in many different sizes.

Please tell me the following -

How many people does your set serve? (These are called place settings.)

How many pieces does each person have?

What serving pieces are there? These can add as much as 30% to the value of a set.

!!!!!Please do not send photos of the whole set. I cannot tell what pieces are in a set via such a photo!!!!

Kind regards,

Place settings stated. There are also "finger bowls". (2) large and small serving platters, gravy bowls, sugar bowls, creamers, etc. I'll send photos.
If you can tell me that it's worth it.

Does your set serve 24 people? (24 place settings?)

If so, how many pieces does each person have in front of him?

The estimated retail value is worth the price you are paying the site.