Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a mahogany dining table with one leaf. Inside the…

Customer Question
I have a mahogany wood...
I have a mahogany wood dining table with one leaf. Inside the leaf is a stamp marked Jefferson woodshop Kentucky. Looks like a Regency styler table with 4 legs and brass claws on bottom. What is it with and where to sell it? We live in NY city.
I Leonard
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/14/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 5 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Jefferson Woodworking Company made the table's extension rail system

and while they did not make your table, it does help date your table to

1910 to 1920 when Jefferson was in business in Louisville, Kentucky.

This circa 1910-1920 mahogany Regency style table with ball and claw feet

has a current value of $600-$800 depending on the wear to the top.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are https://marketplace.apartmenttherapy.com/, www.loveseat.com (in CA), Layerhome.com, Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words "thank you" or "yes, I am happy with my answer".

Rarewares
Rarewares