Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We have a sled that the center middle brace attached to the…

Customer Question
We have a sled...

We have a sled that the center middle brace attached to the steering bar is rounded and approx. 3.25" at the top, 2" at bottom of the 16" brace. It's not home made, it has a stamped raised ridge. The sled is 46" long and the rear end of the metal runners are curled back (approx. 1 1/2 curl) I can send a picture if you tell me where to send it

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I purchased Joan Palicia's Flexible Flyer and other Great Sled for Collectors. That front center metal brace is not shown any where in Palicia's book

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/14/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 8 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

You can upload an image here:

.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.
If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.

Can you please give me an estimated time for the appraisal?

Hello

This looks like some of the Western Flyer sleds I have seen in the past. I am looking it up in my books be right back

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Vintage Wood and Metal Sled, circa: early part of the 20Thc has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $200.00-275.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $100.00-125.00, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $275.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $250.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Rating the appraiser for answering your question has no cost to you, so please take a moment to rate this answer. This is the only way we get compensated by the site for our work. At no cost to you the customer. This may be clicking the stars, rate expert or review expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

A rating is appreciated
Thank you
Glenda