Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I was recently given by a by friend who thought I might like…

Customer Question
Hi I was...

Hi I was recently given by a by friend who thought I might like to put them in my Antique Cabinet but they are just beautiful they I was wondering if you could tell me what the writing on the bottom means please. It says By Appointment (next word illegible) Her Majesty The Queen PARAGON (Next Piece Illiegible) think its her age, Fine Bone China Made In England BELINDA 4/4

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I also was a little bowl at the same time I thought they were together, but on further looking it has a different person on the back. it's about a 7ins bowl made by Barratt's of England it is very pretty with three beautiful Red roses as the main flower characters in this bowl.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/14/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 10 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the item.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris