Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a carousel horse I bought when Nudies Rodeo Tailors…

Customer Question
I have a carousel...

I have a carousel horse I bought when Nudies Rodeo Tailors went out of business in North Hollywood California. I don't know if the horse is an antique or not.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Trying to find out what my carousel horse is made of. Don't know if it is antique as it is in very good condition. Her name is***** and she has a gold heart on her front with the number 002 on it. She has no pole.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I don't know. I bought her in North Hollywood when Nudie's Rodeo Tailors went out of business after Nudie died. I know personally that the horse was in his shop before 1960.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/13/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 8 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Hello, my name is Glenda
.
Do you have pictures you can send?
.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.

If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Thank you. I will figure out how to do this and send you a photo.Louise

Ok thank you