Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a. gold pocket watch with chain & knife. box & paper…

Customer Question
I have a howard...

I have a howard. gold pocket watch with chain & knife . box & paper work. I want to sell ?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Illinois given as prize. In 1902 paper s say $125.00 every hand on it works

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Box & papers great shape 23 jule

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/13/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including marks, labels or signatures.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

A Howard 23-jewel 1902 pocket watch with chain in original box and papers

in 14kt gold has a value of $600 if it is a hunter case and $400 if it is an open face (no cover over the dial).

The same watch in a gold-filled case is worth $150-$175. Look on the inside case or the cuvee covering the movement

for the 14k mark to be sure. If the words "guaranteed 25 years" or other wording to that effect is there, then it is gold-filled and not gold.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words "thank you" or "yes, I am happy with my answer".