Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a sofa that I think is a Duncan Phyfe and I am trying…

Customer Question
I have a sofa...

I have a sofa that I think is a Duncan Phyfe and I am trying to find out the value of my sofa. Tell me where I need to send pictures.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

My mother purchased the sofa in the eighties and she said it was a Duncan Phyfe. It looks a lot like the sofas I see on the web. It has some curving on the wood trim, but not as much as others.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It is a beautiful sofa and my mom had it covered and since she passed it to me, I've had it recovered. It is a sturdy piece to be the age I know it to be.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 9 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.
If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.

.
Glenda