Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I was recently robbed. I lost a complete coffee/tea service,

Customer Question
I was recently robbed...

I was recently robbed. I lost a complete coffee/tea service, silver plate from the Meriden B Company marked 1918. one coffee, one tea, sugar, cream and one other piece with lid. I also lost some Tiffany pieces but the Meriden had family history which I loved. This was the greatest loss.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Do you know where i can go for replacement pieces or perhaps value? Mary Hewitt Pratt

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/12/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

You had a set of late 1800's Meriden Britannia silver plate in pattern number 1918 with a value of $200.

You can go to Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local) and use the search term "Meriden Britannia pattern 1918" to try and find your set. For example, this one (click on the word this in blue) sold last year, so there are pieces out there.

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and use their search bar for the set.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the stars or typing the words "thank you" or "yes, I am happy with my answer".