Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have two oil paintings, signed by a D. Hunter. There is no…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have two oil paintings, signed by a D. Hunter. There is no writing on the back. How can I find out if they are worth anything?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Wish I could upload a picture of the painting on here. I have asked a friend who is somewhat knowledgeable and only thing I found was the signature is similar to a Canadian artist.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Nothing further

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/11/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 8 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.