Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I HAVE A MONTAGUE DAWSON PAINTING. IT IS A PAINTING, IT

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is Scott Hitson, I HAVE A MONTAGUE DAWSON PAINTING. IT IS A PAINTING, IT NEEDS TO BE AUTHENTICATED.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

WELL I CANT REMEMBER WHERE I GOT IT, MAYBE AT SALVATION ARMY. BUT I'VE HAD IT AWHILE. I SENT PICTURES OF IT TO " MASTER ARTIST" AND HE SAID IT WAS A PRINT!! BUT IT SAT FOR awile. SO I DECIDED TO TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT IT WITH A MAGNIFYING GLASS AND IT IS DEFINITELY A PAINTING!!

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

NO! JUST THAT THE PAPERBACK IS TORN OFF

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/10/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature
next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.