Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a rocking chair that has a stamp on the bottom of the…

Customer Question
I have a Murphy...

I have a Murphy rocking chair that has a stamp on the bottom of the chair that says Murphy 9581. I used to rock in it at my grandmothers house when I was 5 years old and I am 68 now. Was wondering what it might be worth ? It has an upholstered seat and it is in excellent condition. I can text a photo if you like.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

No I think that covers it. Do you want to see a photo ?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/7/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 10 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

The site format does not allow for texted photos.

If so, then -

Please send photos.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris