Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

S., I picked up several pieces (mostly accessory pieces) of…

Customer Question
For Robert S.Hi Robert,I picked...
For Robert S.Hi Robert,I picked up several pieces (mostly accessory pieces) of this Noritake Nippon set at the auction on Sunday. I haven't been able to find any details of the pattern on either Ebay or Replacements. I did find one of the plates on Ebay and am attaching a link to that listing as well as my own photos. I'm just looking for details on the pattern, age, etc.Here is the link to the Ebay listing:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Noritake-Nippon-Porcelain-China-Pink-Roses-Gold-Yellow-Band-Dinner-Plate/122733979263?hash=item1c9383e67f:g:0JYAAOSwZcZZ0QHCThanks.Karen
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/7/2017
Antique Expert: Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi Sue,

This is a very little known pattern by Noritake called VERONA.

It is listed at Replacements, but always a chore to find because it comes almost at the end of the alphabetical listings that now run to 93 pages in Replacement's Noritake section.

It's a little confusing because Noritake used this name for at least two other patterns.

Your version, with its lattice border interrupted by reserves of pink rose buds, dates to the period 1921-1924 when this green "M" (for Morimura brothers, the founders of Noritake) in a wreath and "NIPPON" mark was still in use.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Robert.

Robert S.
Robert S.