Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have several family heirlooms I'm trying to figure out…

Customer Question
I have several family...

I have several family heirlooms I'm trying to figure out what they are worth don't know how to go about figuring out

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have many things ( family) from 1800s early 1900s some furniture, china and things from a missionary who was in china

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Don't think so

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/7/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 9 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

I can only take three items per single question. Otherwise, confusion results.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of each of the three items, one at a time.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on each item matching it to the item picture.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

Unfortunately, I do not recognize this mark.

I will opt out to give all the other pros a chance to answer you.

I do hope one of them knows the exact maker.

I will not be able to respond once I opt out.

Kind regards,

Doris

Antique Expert: Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 9 months ago
Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your items.

Do you have the rest of this piece? It looks like just a lid.

Also, how big is it?

It's a bowl top and bottom I can hold in one hand fingers stretched out

Okay, thanks, ***** *****

Can you very kindly attach a photo of it?