Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an old pink tricycle worth? I have a pink tricycle.

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old morgan pink tricycle worth?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a pink morgan tricycle. Can you tell me what it is worth?

Expert's Assistant: Some old shoes of my mother's. They'd been handed down and were real 1920's dancing shoes. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

What is a antique morgan pink tricycle worth?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Antiques
11/7/2017
Antique Expert: Diana F., Antiques Appraiser replied 9 months ago
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

Do you think you can post a picture of it?

.

To send photos:

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then you can click this link for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

.

thanks,

Diana

Hi. I did. Thank you. If you'll give me just a few minutes, I'll put together some information and a value for you.

~Diana

Hi. Thank you for your patience.

.

Morgan tricycles are actually a fairly new company. They were founded by Sylvester Yen in New Jersey sometime around the 1990s. The company's idea was to create retro-styled tricycles and toys. So, while they're not antiques, but they are based off older designs. Morgan tricycles were based off original designs by Van Doren from 1936. Yen wanted to recreate these semi-futuristic, industrial age toys and this line of tricycles has been their most popular. The pink one is called Pink Pegasus.

.

It does have a bit of wear on it, but otherwise it's in pretty good shape. Brand new these sell for around $150 to $200. In used condition with a bit of wear, it should be worth about $60 to $85.

,

The price will vary a bit depending on where you try to sell it. You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself in a private sale as opposed to an auction, Ebay, or selling it to a dealer.

.

For selling it yourself, Etsy is a great alternative to Ebay. Rubylane, Tias, and Cyberattic are great online stores too. They generally have a store "setup" fee, so unless you have a lot of items to list, it may be a bit too pricey. They do get the "higher" paying customers though. There's a fairly new site called Charish that is starting to get some great attention. Etsy would be great for something like this and they have some of the lowest listing rates.
.

There is also craigslist. Your town might even have a facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online garage sale). Some buyers have even started using apps or sites like LetGo or Varagesale. The only big downside to these is you always run a risk of meeting someone that may be dangerous. If you go that route, never have them come to your house. Always meet someplace very public and never go alone. I don't generally recommend any of those options because I would hate for something to happen to you. One generally safe option is meeting up at a local police station. A lot of towns allow sellers to use their parking lots as meeting places.

.

Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values tend to be lower. If you do decide to try Ebay, consider using reserves.
.

That should give you quite a few options, but if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great evening.
~Diana