Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Rarewares how about this Chinese Imperial Kylin Bronze

statue I have spent long...
Rarewares how about this Chinese Imperial Kylin Bronze statue I have spent long time looking for one with this detail especial the eyes and armor is better than any I see. Know missing tail think may have been from a Shrine or Temple at one time look like was cemented attached to something at one time still has seeds and pieces of string inside it like offerings. approx 16" x 16"
s-l1600 (9).jpgs-l1600...jpgs-l1600 (10).jpgs-l1600...jpgs-l1600 (11).jpgs-l1600...jpgs-l1600 (12).jpgs-l1600...jpgs-l1600 (13).jpgs-l1600...jpg
10/24/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is a circa 1900 Tibetan Kylin bronze temple lion. There were usually two

at the entrance to a temple and were used for incense sticks and offerings.

The Tibet Kylin are more ornate (the neck armor, etc) than from other regions of China. This one is valued at $2,000 retail. I've seen them go for $1700 to $2000.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Rarewares