Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have 4 original prints that were done by Birger Sandzen…

I have 4 original...

I have 4 original prints that were done by Birger Sandzen when he lived in Lindsborg, Ks. One is Pond With Cottonwood Trees, one is Blue Valley Farm, one is Smoky Valley Homestead & one is Bent Cedar. They vary in size from 18 by 14, 12 by 9, 12 by 9 & 6 1/2 by 4 1/2 respectively. They look like they might be lithographs or block prints. They are all framed and in 1st rate condition.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Only that they were given to my father's ancestors who lived in Lindsborg at the same time that Mr Sandzen did. They were willed to my father and then to me.

10/23/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

I'm sorry but that is beyond my capability. I don't have a way to scan or put these pictures on here. They are all signed, matted & framed so pictures of them would not help. I will need to find a local dealer I guess. Thank you, anyway.

Birger Sandzen (1871-1954), Pond with Cottonwood Trees, c.1930, woodcut valued at $600.

Blue Valley Farm, $500, Smoky Valley Homestead valued at $700 and Bent Cedar valued at $400.

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com. Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answering.

Rarewares