Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Is the 1930 Edition of Grandmother Brown's Hundred Years…

Is the 1930 Edition...

Is the 1930 Edition of Grandmother Brown's Hundred Years 1827-1927 worth any money or should I donate it to local library?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Written by Harriet Connor Brown, published in October 1929. It is green cloth binding with gold lettering. I does have some wear on the corners and the binding.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I don't know what else to tell you. It had been in the Jesup Memorial Library of Bar Harbor at one time. I found it at an auction in Hermann MO.

10/22/2017
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

What is the name of the publisher?
Kind regards,
Doris

It has Boston on one line and under that it has Little, Brown And Company 1930. on the next page it has The Atlantic Monthly Press Books are Published by Little, Brown and Company in Association with the Atlantic Monthly Company in a box.
That's fine, I also have another book I am wondering about. Will that cost me another charge?

********************
I do not normally participate in the extra charge phone call services. I give my best answers in thoughtful writing.

Besides, you will have an assessment to print out. I did not send the pop-up ad/offer.

********************

Your book Grandmother Brown's Hundred Years 1827-1927 by Harriet Connor Brown has an estimated retail value of $25-40.

How to sell books:
http://www.internetbookselling.com/sell-old-books.html

Ultimately, to obtain these retail values we assume the piece or set is in good condition and that the final value depends on sale geographic location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20% more than retail values.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.

Note on your other book:

I am very sorry but it is against Just Answer site policy to stack questions.

You will need to go back to the login and enter another piece as a separate new question.

I would be delighted to help you there.

Just type "For Doris Only" as the first three words of your new question. Most of the pros on the site will respect that request.

Again, I would be glad to help but enter the piece in new question.

Positive please on this one here. Use the 5 stars.

Kind regards,

Doris

Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Thank you, ***** ***** your help. I will check out the website about selling books. It is so confusing trying to find what the possible value is of things a person has. I guess I am just not good at doing searches. Have a good evening.Linda

You are welcome.

I would be glad to help you with your other items.

Just type "For Doris Only" as the first three words of each of your new questions.

Thank you so much for the positive.