Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have come across an antique, red glass dome, "EXIT" sign.

Hi, I have come across...
I have come across an antique, red glass dome, "EXIT" sign. Complete with original wires and bulb. I see on the back it says it's from Gruber Lighting, Brooklyn 11, NY, , ,and another label " Union Made" A54995030. I'm guessing it's maybe 1930's cica. I would appreciate you checking this out and telling me the value. Also, whom would buy this piece of history? Thanks, Sara
10/21/2017
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Can you tell me the measurements of this sign? I can then give you accurate values and information. Also if you have a photo of the one you have please post for evaluation. If you don't have a photo that is fine too as I do know the sign you are talking about. To post here click on the add files, file upload, or paperclip button and follow the prompts.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I sent you a picture of the exit glass sign. Did you get it.

Hi No I have not receieved it as of yet. Here is the email information to double check and please note it can a day or two to get to me as the company forwards the photos.

***@******.*** and in the email please put "for ladytanya65"

so they know whom to forward the photos to. thank you I will watch for them and respond back as soon as it arrives. Thank you for letting me know.

Hi thank you Sara I have both photos now on my end thank you so much I appreciate the help and time I will post back here when completed. Thank you again for the photos.

Thank you for your patience. This is a great sign. It is a late American art deco style(1920-1930s period), wall-mounted, interior illuminated theater exit light with ruby red convex lens. Looks to be in excellent condition and has the metal ring around the piece also. The value for this sign is 250-325.00 in today's market. It depends on how and where you sell this really. Larger cities locally you would realize roughly 300-325.00 and smaller towns you could see 200-250.00 Online such as ebay.com I would suggest to begin bids at 185.00 and see where it would go auction wise. People buy these for fun, decor, and alot of interior designers add this for the nostalgia. Places online to sell would be tias.com etsy.com and goantiques.com these are sites that handle collectors looking for high end pieces and unique to the everyday piece. Great sign and one that you dont see often.

Thank you for sharing this.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars: 1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser