Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Have Singer sewing machine style no.11, no,27 machine,

Customer Question
have Singer sewing machine style...
have Singer sewing machine style no.11, no,27 machine, form306 1905 march 21,1905 with original instructions manual and original purchase receipt dated sept 15, 1906 singer wheeler & Wilson B1232702 style 27=5196 receipt no 481603 Original receipt states value $35 with purchaser paid $5.00 in cash with agreement to pay $3,00 on 1st of every month
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Antiques
10/20/2017
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 1 month ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. This is a wonderful machine and to have the paperwork and manual makes it a true gem historically as not many have all the information as this does. On these machines even a written permission had to be granted if you bought the machine and were still making payments you couldn't move unless the company agreed to allow to you move with the machine. If you moved and they had said no the company came to pick up the machines. I have the same machine, all receipts, and letters where they had asked permission to move and a letter from the company telling them yes of course as long as they came back store and updated all information first when making next payment. I don't have the manual though. Great machines and if in excellent working condition with all paperwork this has a value of $450.00 If it does not work the value is 150-200.00. These are hard to sell in today's market and buyers buy these for many reasons = yard art, re-purpose them, decoration in homes-offices and stores, and seamstresses purchase these older machines to produce period clothes. The older machines were built to last over time and had a beauty to them in the style and design.

If you are looking to sell this machine in today's market here are several sites that would be best online:

etsy.com

goantiques.com

tias.com

the three above carry finer pieces that collectors browse the sites for quality and unique items.

Locally, you can consign with antique stores, consignment has a fee of course each store is different and range from 10-50% of selling price. You can contact the local historical societies also and ask if they have any members that are interested in antique sewing machines with all the historical paperwork from original purchase.

Local seamstresses/dress making companies - some buy these machines for decoration in their entrances.

Fashion shows/ personal stylists= fields where fashion, sewing clothes and history are all a part of the profession I have found is the audience you want to entertain with the selling of these machines.

Local sites such as offerup.com craigslist.org are ok sites also and both are free to post= you just need to be cautious, as like in anything, meeting people you dont know you will want to meet in a well public area. These are ok but dont generally attract the client group you are seeking in selling this machine.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars: 1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 26 days ago

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars: 1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions

Customer reply replied 7 days ago
You’re information was so helpful, informative, great guidance &, on top of it all, so quick with a response! Thank you!! I’ve spoke of you to many others who have questions of their antiques as well. Again, thank you! Have a wonderful holiday!!
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 7 days ago

Thank you I am glad I was able to help you. When you have a moment please rate the answer by the star system above our post as that is how I am paid from the company. I am always happy to help and glad to hear I was able to answer all of your questions on this piece.

Happy Thanksgiving ahead.

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser