Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

10/19/2017
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help.

This is a 1919 100,000 ruble note from the Soviet Union. This is a fairly rare note, so please give me a little time to value for you.

Take your time.

My apologies, I misread the note (my Russian is rusty).

This is a note from the South Russian government during the 1919 civil war. It was issued by the South Russian Military command.

Obverse: Arms: horseman slaying a dragon; Swords and plants; Russian Eagle arms. Reverse: Allegorical women
holding a spear and a sword; Russian Eagle arms; Crossed swords; Moscow Kremlin Spasski Tower and Saint Petersburg.
Watermark: Mosaic. Signatures: M. Bernatsky (Chief of Finance); D. Nikiforov (Chief of Credit).

The current value would be $75 - $100.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Why does the foreign exchange rate say 1,745. US dollars?

If this was a current Russian ruble, that would be the exchange rate. This is a ruble from a government that ceased to exist in 1920, so it's purely a collectible. It can't be used as actual currency, any more than you could spend bills from the United States Confederacy, or ancient coins.

Ok I get it. Thank you so much. I have other items I would like evaluated. Is there a charge on each one?

There is, unless you sign up for a membership. Then you can post additional questions for each item or two, with no additional charges.

AppraiserJM
do you know where to sell it? Again thanks

I'd suggest eBay or Etsy.

Jennifer