Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

VILLEROY & BOCH 100 PCS MINT CONDITION ARTEMIS SET

VILLEROY & BOCH 100 PCS...
20170130_191213.jpg2017013...jpg20170130_191139.jpg2017013...jpg20170130_191132.jpg2017013...jpg20170130_191112.jpg2017013...jpg
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/19/2017
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to set.

This is Artemis Grey Black, by Villeroy & Boche.

How many complete place settings do you have? (Dinner, side, cup, saucer)

A reputable vintage china dealer, at retail, would charge approximately $2,500.00 for this set.

Selling as an individual (by auction, classified, or to a dealer), you can typically achieve around 40% of the retail value, in this case around $1,000.00.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I was told two years ago that we might have one of the largest collection and estimated around up to $5000. Did the value go down that much?

I can't speak for who told you that or why, but that's not an appropriate figure in this market, nor was it two years ago...you can see some pricing examples here:

https://www.replacements.com/webquote/vilart.htm

I can't show you the records, because they are in a paid professional database, but a set of about 55 pieces recently sold at auction for $526.01.

Values were most definitely higher in 2007 and earlier, but china has taken a huge hit since the financial meltdown of 2008.

Jennifer

AppraiserJM