Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a sideboard and I don't know what year or decade it…

Customer Question
I have a sideboard...

I have a sideboard and I don't know what year or decade it comes from. How would I find this out?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is extremely heavy-so real wood. it has 4 drawers in the middle, two on the top sides and under the side drawers cabinets. It has that sheeth of wood on top of the real wood, forget the name of that process right now. Could send a pic if you tell me how.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It does not have legs because it is all drawers and cabinets, just short curved feet

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/19/2017
Antique Expert: Erin-Marie Wallace, CEO of Rare-Era.com Appraisals & Auctions replied 9 months ago
Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace, CEO of Rare-Era.com Appraisals & Auctions

Greetings, my name is ***** ***** I am a federally certified Fine Art and Antiques appraiser and licensed auctioneer with a Master’s degree from Sotheby’s Institute, UK. I can assist you with this evaluation, you as you suggest a couple of images uploaded to the system will be most helpful.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

Here are some pointers for uploading images....

To upload images, click on the blue "+ Add files" text. It will open a window which will allow you to select images (one at a time), give it a moment to upload and you will see the image title in blue in the lower left corner of the screen, .jpeg formats work best.

If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer,then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie