Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have spiral stem colored cordial glasses. How can I tell

where made. JA: I always love...
I have spiral stem colored cordial glasses. How can I tell where made.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Haha I am 65 and they were either my mom or grandmother's. They are approximately four to five inches tall and the glass is not frosted.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Colors are yellow, dark blue, light blue, green, light green, pink, purple. And a dark yellow.
10/17/2017
Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace, CEO of Rare-Era.com Appraisals & Auctions

Greetings, my name is ***** ***** I am a federally certified Fine Art and Antiques appraiser and licensed auctioneer with a Master’s degree from Sotheby’s Institute, UK. I can assist you with this evaluation but need to request that you provide photos and dimensions of the cordials. Would this be possible?

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

These are lovely, did she ever visit Italy in the 1950s as these are Italian blown glass cordials. The giveaway is the type of spiral on the stem. This type of glassware does pop up on the secondary market from time to time and at auction and in second-hand stores and they are usually priced in the $50-$60SUSD range.

I hope this impartial evaluation will be of assistance to you. If you have any additional questions, do let me know. Otherwise, please keep in mind, I only receive compensation for my answer once you have rated me positively, thus, your 5-star rating is most appreciated.

Kindest Regards.

Erin-Marie

Cheers!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!!

You are so welcome, when you have a moment, don't forget to rate me via the Star system at the top of your page as it is the only way I get credited for my answers.

Most Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace