Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Would like to I know how old my sewing machine is. I would…

Second opinion] Would like...

Second opinion] Would like to I know how old my sewing machine is

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I would like to come on the show but let me tell you a little bit about the machine

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It is a norleigh diamond

10/17/2017
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including the label? I'd like to be able to date the set.

If you don’t have photos, I can do my best without them—just let me know—but it’s more accurate with photos.

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

Did you get pictures

I am sorry, they did not seem to upload.

Did u get?

I have them now! Researching.

Jennifer

Thanks.

This is the Damascus model.

Norleigh Diamond is a trade name for the machine made by the Shapleigh Hardware Company. It dates to 1900-1909.

Unfortunately, the market for these is not good, as they are large for collectibles. Not a lot of people have space for them, and you are limited to a local market (because you can't ship it).

I'd estimate the resale on this at approximately $100.00.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

AppraiserJM
Ok

Can I help you any further with this item?

Jennifer

3