Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have these little salt and pepper shakers there’s three…

For Nora I have these...
For Nora I have these little salt and pepper shakers there’s three kinds. one says Sterling 7721 and it has a mark.
The other just says Sterling and has a mark. The third one has a 76 on it plus the word sterling with a v or w in front of the word sterling. Can you help me identify these and value them? Thanks
10/16/2017
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Thank you for the request here, please send images at your convenience. ~Nora

Thank you for the images.

The one with a WC with arrow mark was produced in the early 20th century by the Webster Company of Attleboro, Massachusetts.

I would need to see a more in-focus extreme close-up of the mark on the 2nd shaker to see if I can determine the maker for you.

Essentially, individual place setting shakers in sterling sell for $10 - $18 each on today's auction market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Thank you for the additional image. The owl with W mark is for Weidlich sterling of Bridgeport, CT. Your shaker dates to about 1920.

For the one marked 76, please add an extreme close-up of the mark with the W that precedes the word Sterling on the underside.

~Nora

Thank you for the additional image

Yw
What is the maker and a year for this one

Unfortunately, I am not able to make a match to this last maker mark.

~Nora

Sorry to here that. You have been so good so far.

Not all marks are known, unfortunately.

In general, it is best to limit questions to one item per question, as sometimes, not all items can be answered.

~Nora

Nora
Well I can list it again and see what happens maybe someone else will know.

I do hope you find the information you are seeking on the shaker.

~Nora

Nora
Nora