Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a RCA Victor - little knipper that is 12" H x 18" L…

I have a RCA Victor...
I have a RCA Victor - little knipper that is 12" H x 18" L
10/16/2017
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

I'm sorry there was a delay in someone picking up your question.

Are there any markings on the underside of your Nipper?

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I appears to be something like a blow mold......it is hollow.....

Ceramic or metal?

It is NOT paper maiche, plastic, metal or ceramic......
It could be celluloid or phenolic

Thanks!

Hollow celluloid Nipper store display

Circa 1950

Height 12".

Appraised replacement value: $150 - $200.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

AppraiserJM
I have several more celluloid animals - could I send the to you in a group photo with descriptives and sizes of each?

You can but you'll need to start a new question--I'm not permitted to add more to one question that was initially proposed. And I can do at most 3 per question.

If you put "For Jennifer" in the subject line, I'll grab it right away.

I understand that - it was the group photo request or should I do them individually?

I can look at a group photo and see what I can decipher.

AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM