Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Cut glass vase, looks like an American brilliant but was

hoping for confirmation on that...And...
Cut glass vase, looks like an American brilliant but was hoping for confirmation on that...And if it is AB who is the maker?
There are some wear scuffs on the underside but otherwise in excellent condition. I can find no makers mark.
Measures 12" high, 5.25 across.
Thank you!
IMG_20171015_080505928.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20171015_080526497.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20171015_080539290.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20171015_080559081.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20171015_080655602.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20171015_080620888.jpgIMG_201...jpg
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/15/2017
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi.

Unfortunately, with it being unmarked, there is no way to 100% identify the maker. A number of these old factories bought and sold their molds to other companies and many copied each other. Without a label or mark, it really could be made by anyone.

.

In looking at your pictures, it definitely looks like ABP glass from the early 1900s. The cuts and details are fantastic and extremely well done. It's an overall trumpet shape with a footed base. The pattern looks include ribbed designs in diamond shapes, hobstars in a sweeping geometric design, and fan cut accents.

.

It's a very pretty piece that should be worth about $300 to $350

.

The price will vary a bit depending on where you try to sell it. You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself in a private sale as opposed to an auction, Ebay, or selling it to a dealer.

.

For selling it yourself, Etsy is a great alternative to Ebay. Rubylane, Tias, and Cyberattic are great online stores too. They generally have a store "setup" fee, so unless you have a lot of items to list, it may be a bit too pricey. They do get the "higher" paying customers though. There's a fairly new site called Charish that is starting to get some great attention. Etsy would be great for something like this and they have some of the lowest listing rates.
.

There is also craigslist. Your town might even have a facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online garage sale). Some buyers have even started using apps or sites like LetGo or Varagesale. The only big downside to these is you always run a risk of meeting someone that may be dangerous. If you go that route, never have them come to your house. Always meet someplace very public and never go alone. I don't generally recommend any of those options because I would hate for something to happen to you. One generally safe option is meeting up at a local police station. A lot of towns allow sellers to use their parking lots as meeting places.

.

Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values tend to be lower. If you do decide to try Ebay, consider using reserves.
.

That should give you quite a few options, but if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great day.
~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Thank you Diana, appreciate the info.

You're very welcome. I'm glad I could help. If there's anything else I can do please let me know.

Best Wishes,

Diana

Thank you for the positive rating. I appreciate it.

~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser