Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am looking to purchase a Kaiser China/Porcelain Dinnerware…

I am looking to purchase...
I am looking to purchase a Kaiser China/Porcelain Dinnerware set from a friend. He has had them since the early 90's. He purchased them when Germany was still on the deutsche mark. We are trying to come to a fair value agreement. So any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. The set only has a Crown, AK, Kaiser Germany (all in blue) on the bottom of the whole set. It is white on white flower design. 9 place settings. Dinner plate, salad plate, soup bowl, cup and saucer, gravy boat, coffee tureen with separate candle warmer base. Maybe a couple other pieces. my email is***@******.***. Thanks for your consideration.
Further information. I believe the pattern is called: DUBARRY.Regards,Dave
10/12/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

A service for 9 plus serving pieces of Alboth Kaiser in the Dubarry pattern

has a current value of $275 retail on the secondary market.

I think that would be a reasonable offer to make for the set.

Good luck!

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know.

I obviously love the answer, but the seller is not very happy. He purchased the china in the early 90's when Germany was still on the Deutch Mark (prior to the Euro). It was 4 DM to 1 Dollar at that time, so he paid next to nothing for it. He can't remember exactly what he paid for it. Each place setting has 2 plates, Soup bowl, dessert bowl, napkin ring, coffee cup and saucer. He also has 3 platters various sizes (large, medium, small); two soup tureens; mash potato bowl (or green beans, etc), two candle holders, Coffee and tea pot with one warmer. He also has extra plates incase one breaks. Not sure if this changes the price or not, but please revisit and let me know.Regards,
Dave

There are a few extra serving pieces,

so the value could rise to $350 to $400 but no higher than that.

While it is a beautiful and classic pattern, these sets simply do not bring

high prices.

Rarewares